Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody #9127
|9127S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9127||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MEK1 phosphorylated at threonine 286. This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated MEK2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr286 of human MEK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431, COS and PC12 cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated, using Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody (upper) or MEK1 Antibody #9124 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation followed by Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated, using Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mitotic HeLa cells labeled with Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
MEK1 is phosphorylated at Ser298 by PAK1, which facilitates signal transduction from Raf to MEK1 and Erk2 (5-7). MEK1 is also phosphorylated by cdk5 at Thr286 in mitotic cells, causing negative feedback of the p44/42 MAP kinase pathway (8).
- Crews, C.M. et al. (1992) Science 258, 478-480.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 1610-19.
- Rosen, L.B. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 1207-21.
- Cowley, S. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 841-52.
- Xu, B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34029-34035.
- Coles, L.C. and Shaw, P.E. (2002) Oncogene 21, 2236-2244.
- Eblen, S. T. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 6023-6033.
- Sharma, P. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 528-534.
- Thompson, T. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Ther 9, 1158-68. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 12671 MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9900 PD98059
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9120 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9903 U0126
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.