MEK1/2 AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEK1/2 Antibody #9122
|9122L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9122S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9122||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEK1/2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MEK1/2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related kinases such as SEK (MKK4), MKK3 or MKK6.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human MEK1/2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thompson, T. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Ther 9, 1158-68. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Piatelli, M. J. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172, 2753-2762. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Umenishi, F. and Schrier, R.W. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 15765-15770. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rosenberger, C.M. and Finlay, B.B. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 18753-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Deszo, E. L. et al. (2001) . Journal of Biological Chemistry 276, 10212-10217. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Furuno, T. et al. (2001) . Journal of Immunology 166, 4416-4421. Applications: IC-IF, Western Blotting.
- Bueno, O. F. et al. (2000) . European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) 19, 6341-6350. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 9160 MEK1/2 Control Cell Extracts
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9903 U0126
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.