RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAbProduct information
RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb #8486
|8486S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8486||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||55-62||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Directions For Use
For optimal ChIP results, use 5 μl of antibody and 10 μg of chromatin (approximately 4 x 106 cells) per IP. This antibody has been validated using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kits.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RUNX2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg267 of human RUNX2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MDA-MB-231 and PC-3 cells using RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from Saos-2 cells and either RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb or Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human RUNX1 Intron 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human RUNX2 Promoter Primers #12376, human FRA10AC1 intron 1 primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
RUNX2 is a member of the RUNX family of transcription factors. It is involved in osteoblast differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis. RUNX2 regulates the transcription of various genes including osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, and osteocalcin via binding to the core site of the enhancers or promoters (1-3). RUNX2 is crucial for the maturation of osteoblasts and both intramembranous and endochondral ossification. Mutations in RUNX2 have been associated with the bone development disorder cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD) (4-6). RUNX2 is also abnormally expressed in various human cancers including prostate cancer and breast cancer. It plays an important role in migration, invasion, and bone metastasis of prostate and breast cancer cells (7-10).
- Viereck, V. et al. (2002) J Cell Biochem 86, 348-56.
- Willis, D.M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 37280-91.
- Tu, Q. et al. (2008) J Cell Physiol 217, 40-7.
- Quack, I. et al. (1999) Am J Hum Genet 65, 1268-78.
- Cardoso, B.M. et al. (2010) Clin Dysmorphol 19, 150-2.
- Han, M.S. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 110, 97-103.
- Akech, J. et al. (2010) Oncogene 29, 811-21.
- van der Deen, M. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 109, 828-37.
- Barnes, G.L. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 2631-7.
- Barnes, G.L. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 4506-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 4336 AML1 (D33G6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8529 AML1 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred)
- 4334 AML1 Antibody
- 8229 AML1 Antibody (Mouse Preferred)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.