Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb #5536
|5536S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5536T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5536||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||289||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Chicken, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of mTOR protein only when phosphorylated at Ser2448.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser2448 of human mTOR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or insulin-treated (150 nM, 5 minutes), alone or in combination with λ-phosphatase, using Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb #2983.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, rapamycin-treated (#9904, 10 μM for 2 hours, left), insulin-treated (150 nM for 6 minutes, middle) or insulin- and λ-phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR, FRAP, RAFT) is a Ser/Thr protein kinase (1-3) that functions as an ATP and amino acid sensor to balance nutrient availability and cell growth (4,5). When sufficient nutrients are available, mTOR responds to a phosphatidic acid-mediated signal to transmit a positive signal to p70 S6 kinase and participate in the inactivation of the eIF4E inhibitor, 4E-BP1 (6). These events result in the translation of specific mRNA subpopulations. mTOR is phosphorylated at Ser2448 via the PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway and autophosphorylated at Ser2481 (7,8). mTOR plays a key role in cell growth and homeostasis and may be abnormally regulated in tumors. For these reasons, mTOR is currently under investigation as a potential target for anti-cancer therapy (9).
- Sabers, C.J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 815-22.
- Brown, E.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 756-8.
- Sabatini, D.M. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 35-43.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 807-26.
- Dennis, P.B. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1102-5.
- Fang, Y. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1942-5.
- Navé, B.T. et al. (1999) Biochem J 344 Pt 2, 427-31.
- Peterson, R.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7416-23.
- Huang, S. and Houghton, P.J. (2003) Curr Opin Pharmacol 3, 371-7.
- Sarfstein, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e24468. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Doberstein, K. et al. (2011) Carcinogenesis 32, 1713-23. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murai, A. et al. (2012) BMC Vet Res 8, 128. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.