LIN28B Antibody (Mouse Preferred)Product information
LIN28B Antibody (Mouse Preferred)
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Development
LIN28B Antibody (Mouse Preferred) #5422
|5422S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5422||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LIN28B Antibody (Mouse Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total mouse LIN28B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of mouse LIN28B. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LIN28A and LIN28B are conserved, developmentally regulated RNA binding proteins that inhibit the processing and maturation of the let-7 family of miRNAs (1,2). The let-7 miRNAs have been implicated in repression of oncogenes such as Ras, Myc, and HMGA2 (3). It has recently been shown that upregulation of LIN28A and LIN28B in primary human tumors and human cancer cell lines is correlated with downregulation of let-7 miRNAs (4). LIN28 genes are reported to be involved in primordial germ cell development and germ cell malignancy (5). In addition, allelic variation in LIN28B is associated with regulating the timing of puberty in humans (6). Overexpression of LIN28A, in conjunction with Oct-4, Sox2, and Nanog, can reprogram human fibroblasts to pluripotent, ES-like cells (7).
- Balzer, E. and Moss, E.G. (2007) RNA Biol 4, 16-25.
- Piskounova, E. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 21310-4.
- Cho, W.C. (2007) Mol Cancer 6, 60.
- Viswanathan, S.R. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 843-8.
- West, J.A. et al. (2009) Nature 460, 909-13.
- Ong, K.K. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 729-33.
- Yu, J. et al. (2007) Science 318, 1917-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4038 KLF4 Antibody
- 5930 LIN28A (6D1F9) Mouse mAb
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 3695 LIN28A (D84C11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4196 LIN28B Antibody
- 4903 Nanog (D73G4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5232 Nanog (D73G4) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5024 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.