Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Development
Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb #5158
|5158S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5158||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||75-85||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Frizzled6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Frizzled6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 786-0, HeLa, and HCT 116 cells using Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Frizzled6 siRNA I #6596, 100 nM SignalSilence® Frizzled6 siRNA II #6597, or mock transfected, using Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb #2128 (lower). The Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of Frizzled6 expression, while the β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Frizzled (Fzd) belongs to the seven transmembrane-spanning G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) superfamily (1). Fzds have a large extracellular N-terminal region containing a cysteine-rich domain (CRD), which is involved in binding to Wnt proteins (1,2). The intracellular C-terminus binds to the PDZ domain of Dvl proteins, a major signaling component downstream of Fzd (3). Wnt proteins bind to Fzd and the co-receptors LRP5 or LPR6, and activate Wnt/β-catenin pathway through inhibiting phosphorylation of β-catenin by GSK3-β (4,5). In addition to this canonical Wnt/β-catenin pathway, some Wnt proteins can also activate the Fzd/Ca2+ pathway and Fzd/PCP (planar cell polarity) pathway (6,7). The mammalian Fzd subfamily has 10 members (Fzd1 to Fzd10) and they may mediate signaling through different pathways (8). Some Fzds can also bind to other secreted proteins, like Norrin and R-Spondin (9-11).
- Schulte, G. and Bryja, V. (2007) Trends Pharmacol Sci 28, 518-25.
- Hsieh, J.C. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 3546-51.
- Wong, H.C. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 12, 1251-60.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-7.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-72.
- Fanto, M. and McNeill, H. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 527-33.
- Kohn, A.D. and Moon, R.T. Cell Calcium 38, 439-46.
- Cadigan, K.M. and Liu, Y.I. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 395-402.
- Xu, Q. et al. (2004) Cell 116, 883-95.
- Nam, J.S. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 13247-57.
- Hendrickx, M. and Leyns, L. (2008) Dev Growth Differ 50, 229-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 3395 LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9383 TCF/LEF Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2203 TCF1/TCF7 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3/TCF7L1 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4/TCF7L2 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2915 Wnt Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.