Cox1 AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Cox1 Antibody #4841
|4841S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4841||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||65, 70||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cox1 Antibody Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Cox1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of mouse Cox1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Cyclooxygenase1 (Cox1) and cyclooxygenase2 (Cox2), family members with 60% homology in humans, catalyze prostaglandin production from arachidonic acid (1,2). While Cox1 expression is constitutive in most tissues, Cox2 expression is induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and peptidoglycan (PGN) (3). PGN activates Ras, leading to phosphorylation of Raf at Ser338 and Erk1/2 at Tyr204. The activation of MAP kinase signaling results in subsequent activation of IKKα/β, phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32/36, and NF-κB activation. Finally, activation of the transcription factor NF-κB is responsible for the induction of Cox2 expression (4). Investigators have shown that LPS and PGN induce the clinical manifestations of arthritis and bacterial infections, such as inflammation, fever, and septic shock (5). Research studies have indicated that Cox1 and Cox2 may also play a role in the neuropathology of Alzheimer's disease by potentiating γ-secretase activity and β-amyloid generation (6).
- Xie, W.L. et al. (1991) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88, 2692-6.
- Vane, J.R. et al. (1998) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 38, 97-120.
- O'Neill, G.P. et al. (1994) Mol Pharmacol 45, 245-54.
- Chen, B.C. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20889-97.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2001) Infect Immun 69, 2270-6.
- Qin, W. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 50970-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4842 Cox2 Antibody
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 3171 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser190) Antibody
- 3172 Progesterone Receptor (6A1) Mouse mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.