Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody #4771
|4771S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4771T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4771||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||300||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CBP or p300 only when acetylated at lysine 1535 or lysine 1499, respectively.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic acetylated peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys1535 of human CBP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431, NIH/3T3, COS and PC12 cells, using Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of hypo- or hyper-acetylated recombinant p300 HAT domains, either wild-type or K1499R mutant, using Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody (upper). Also shown in the corresponding coomassie stained SDS-PAGE gel (lower). (Details are described in Thompson, P.A. et al. (2004) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 11, 308-315.)
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30uM) and either 20 μl of Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729, using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CBP (CREB-binding protein) and p300 are highly conserved and functionally related transcriptional co-activators that associate with transcriptional regulators and signaling molecules, integrating multiple signal transduction pathways with the transcriptional machinery (1,2). CBP/p300 also contain histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity, allowing them to acetylate histones and other proteins (2). Phosphorylation of p300 at Ser89 by PKC represses its transciptional acitivity, and phosphorylation at the same site by AMPK disrupts the association of p300 with nuclear receptors (3,4). Ser1834 phosphorylation of p300 by Akt disrupts its association with C/EBPβ (5). Growth factors induce phosphorylation of CBP at Ser437, which is required for CBP recruitment to the transcription complex (6). CaM kinase IV phosphorylates CBP at Ser302, which is required for CBP-dependent transcriptional activation in the CNS (7). The role of acetylation of CBP/p300 is of particular interest (2,8). Acetylation of p300 at Lys1499 has been demonstrated to enhance its HAT activity and affect a wide variety of signaling events (9).
- Goodman, R.H. and Smolik, S. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 1553-77.
- Chan, H.M. and La Thangue, N.B. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 2363-2373.
- Yuan, L.W. and Gambee, J.E. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 40946-40951.
- Yang, W. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 38341-38344.
- Guo, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8516-8523.
- Zanger, K. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell 7, 551-558.
- Impey, S. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 235-244.
- Yuan, L.W. and Giordano, A. (2002) Oncogene 21, 2253-2260.
- Thompson, P.R. et al. (2004) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 11, 308-315.
- Stiehl, D.P. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 2256-64.
- Thompson, P. R. et al. (2004) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 11, 308-315. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 9928 Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2632 Histone Deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) Antibody
- 2072 Histone Deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) Antibody
- 9926 MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.