IRS-2 AntibodyProduct information
|20 µl (2 western blots)||
|100 µl (10 western blots)||
Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRS-2 Antibody #4502
|4502S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4502T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4502||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||185||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRS-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IRS-2 protein. It does not cross-react with IRS-1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human IRS-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CHO IR/4PS cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-2) or CHO IR/IRS-1 cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-1), showing no change in total protein levels with insulin stimulation (100 nM for 5 min), using IRS-2 Antibody (top) or IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (bottom).
Insulin Receptor Substrate 2 (IRS-2) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). In vertebrates, IRS-2 functions as a scaffolding protein to coordinate separate branches of the Insulin/IGF-signaling cascades (2). IRS-2 is essential for normal nutrient homeostasis because it mediates both peripheral insulin action and the effect of IGF-1 on B-cell growth. Mice lacking IRS-2 fail to maintain sufficient compensatory insulin secretion and develop diabetes as young adults (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 3014 Insulin (C27C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 2580 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 2386 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3070 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr895) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.