nNOS AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Neuroscience
nNOS Antibody #4234
|4234S||100 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|4234||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
nNOS Antibody detects endogenous levels of total nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human nNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyzes the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
nNOS binds selectively to the second PDZ domain of PSD-95, and the enzymatic activity of nNOS is either downregulated by phosphorylation at Ser847 by CaM-KII or stimulated by calcium influxes governed by the NMDA receptor channels (4-5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser890) Antibody
- 3384 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser896) Antibody
- 3385 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser897) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.