NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (D15B3) Rabbit mAbProduct information
NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (D15B3) Rabbit mAb #4212
|4212S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4212||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||190||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (D15B3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NMDAR2B protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu1134 of human NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) protein.
N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) forms a heterodimer of at least one NR1 and one NR2A-D subunit. Multiple receptor isoforms with distinct brain distributions and functional properties arise by selective splicing of the NR1 transcripts and differential expression of the NR2 subunits. NR1 subunits bind the co-agonist glycine and NR2 subunits bind the neurotransmitter glutamate. Activation of the NMDA receptor or opening of the ion channel allows flow of Na+ and Ca2+ ions into the cell, and K+ out of the cell (1). Each subunit has a cytoplasmic domain that can be directly modified by the protein kinase/phosphatase (2). PKC can phosphorylate the NR1 subunit (NMDAR1) of the receptor at Ser890/Ser896, and PKA can phosphorylate NR1 at Ser897 (3). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKC decreases its affinity for calmodulin, thus preventing the inhibitory effect of calmodulin on NMDAR (4). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKA probably counteracts the inhibitory effect of calcineurin on the receptor (5). NMDAR mediates long-term potentiation and slow postsynaptic excitation, which play central roles in learning, neurodevelopment, and neuroplasticity (6).
EphrinB2 binding to the receptor EphB leads to the activation of Src family tyrosine kinases, which phosphorylate NMDAR2B at Tyr1252, Tyr1336 and Tyr1472. In turn, phosphorylated NMDAR2B enhances the ability of the functional NMDA receptor to regulate Ca2+ influx in response to glutamate (7).
- Liu, X.B. et al. (2004) J Neurosci 24, 8885-95.
- Westphal, R.S. et al. (1999) Science 285, 93-6.
- Tingley, W.G. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 5157-66.
- Hisatsune, C. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 20805-10.
- Raman, I.M. et al. (1996) Neuron 16, 415-21.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 2500-10.
- Takasu, M.A. et al. (2002) Science 295, 491-495.
- Devi, L. and Ohno, M. (2015) Transl Psychiatry 5, e562.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4205 NMDA Receptor 2A (GluN2A) Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3381 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser890) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 2A (GluN2A) (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 5355 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (Ser1284) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.