Phospho-HSL (Ser563) AntibodyProduct information
Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
|20 µl (2 western blots)||
Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
|100 µl (10 western blots)||
Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody #4139
|4139S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4139T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4139||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody detects endogenous levels of HSL only when phosphorylated at Ser563 by PKA. This antibody does not cross-react with Ser565 phosphorylated HSL.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser552 of human HSL (equivalent to Ser563 of rat HSL). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from differentiated 3T3-L1 cells treated with isoproterenol or lambda protein phosphatase, using Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody.
HSL (hormone-sensitive lipase) catalyzes the hydrolysis of triacylglycerol, the rate-limiting step in lipolysis. Lipolytic stimuli activate adenylyl cyclase and thus increase intracellular cAMP levels, which in turn activate protein kinase A (PKA). PKA phosphorylates HSL at Ser563, Ser659, and Ser660, which stimulates HSL activity (1,2). In contrast, AMPK phosphorylates HSL at Ser565, which reduces HSL phosphorylation at Ser563 by PKA and inhibits HSL activity (2,3). Recent work indicates that phosphorylation at Ser600 by p44/42 MAPKs also enhances the enzymatic activity of HSL (4).
- Aboulaich, N. et al. (2011) Diabetes 60, 757-65. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Danai, L.V. et al. (2018) Nature , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2603 AMPKα (23A3) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 18381 HSL (D6W5S) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
BODIPY is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.