Snail (L70G2) Mouse mAbProduct information
Snail (L70G2) Mouse mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Development
Snail (L70G2) Mouse mAb #3895
|3895S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3895||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||29||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Snail (L70G2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Snail protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human Snail protein.
Snail is a zinc-finger transcription factor that can repress E-cadherin transcription. Downregulation of E-cadherin is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition during embryonic development, a process also exploited by invasive cancer cells (1-3). Indeed, loss of E-cadherin expression is correlated with the invasive properties of some tumors and there is a considerable inverse correlation between Snail and E-cadherin mRNA levels in epithelial tumor cell lines (4,5). In addition, Snail blocks the cell cycle and confers resistance to cell death (6). Phosphorylation of Snail by GSK-3 and PAK1 regulates its stability, cellular localization and function (7-10).
- Barrallo-Gimeno, A. and Nieto, M.A. (2005) Development 132, 3151-3161.
- Cano, A. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 76-83.
- Batlle, E. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 84-89.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2003) Int. J. Oncol. 22, 891-898.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2001) Oral Oncol. 37, 65-71.
- Vega, S. et al. (2004) Genes Dev. 18, 1131-1143.
- Zhou, B.P. et al. (2004) Nat. Cell Biol. 6, 931-940.
- Bachelder, R.E. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol. 168, 29-33.
- Yook, J.I. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 11740-11748.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 3179-3184.
- Oikawa, T. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 5100-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ye, X. et al. (2015) Nature 525, 256-60. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 4719 Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.