Glycogen Synthase AntibodyProduct information
Glycogen Synthase Antibody
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glycogen Synthase Antibody #3893
|3893S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3893||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||84||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glycogen Synthase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total muscle glycogen synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human glycogen synthase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6 and 293 cells, using Glycogen Synthase Antibody.
Glycogen is a polysaccharide of glucose and serves as an energy storage in mammalian muscle and liver (1). Glycogen synthase catalyzes the rate-limiting step of glycogen biosynthesis and has two major isoforms in mammals -- muscle isoform (GYS1) and liver isoform (GYS2) respectively (1). Glycogen synthase kinase-3α (GSK-3α) and glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β) phosphorylate glycogen synthase at multiple sites in its C-terminus (Ser641, Ser645, Ser649 and Ser653) inhibiting its activity (2, 3). Hypoxia alters glycogen metabolism including temporal changes of GYS1 expression and phosphorylation in cancer cells, suggesting the role of metabolic reprogramming of glycogen metabolism in cancer growth (1).
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 47043 Phospho-Glycogen Synthase (Ser641) (D4H1B) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3891 Phospho-Glycogen Synthase (Ser641) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6312 SignalSilence® GSK-3α siRNA I
- 6301 SignalSilence® GSK-3α/β siRNA
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.