Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser896) AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser896) Antibody #3384
|3384S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3384||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Transfected Only||120||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser896) Antibody detects transfected NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) only when phosphorylated at serine 896.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser896 of human NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) forms a heterodimer of at least one NR1 and one NR2A-D subunit. Multiple receptor isoforms with distinct brain distributions and functional properties arise by selective splicing of the NR1 transcripts and differential expression of the NR2 subunits. NR1 subunits bind the co-agonist glycine and NR2 subunits bind the neurotransmitter glutamate. Activation of the NMDA receptor or opening of the ion channel allows flow of Na+ and Ca2+ ions into the cell, and K+ out of the cell (1). Each subunit has a cytoplasmic domain that can be directly modified by the protein kinase/phosphatase (2). PKC can phosphorylate the NR1 subunit (NMDAR1) of the receptor at Ser890/Ser896, and PKA can phosphorylate NR1 at Ser897 (3). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKC decreases its affinity for calmodulin, thus preventing the inhibitory effect of calmodulin on NMDAR (4). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKA probably counteracts the inhibitory effect of calcineurin on the receptor (5). NMDAR mediates long-term potentiation and slow postsynaptic excitation, which play central roles in learning, neurodevelopment, and neuroplasticity (6).
- Liu, X.B. et al. (2004) J Neurosci 24, 8885-95.
- Westphal, R.S. et al. (1999) Science 285, 93-6.
- Tingley, W.G. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 5157-66.
- Hisatsune, C. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 20805-10.
- Raman, I.M. et al. (1996) Neuron 16, 415-21.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 2500-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5704 NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (D65B7) Rabbit mAb
- 3381 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser890) Antibody
- 3385 Phospho-NMDA Receptor 1 (GluN1) (Ser897) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.