Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb #2997
|2997S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2997T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2997||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||40||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of PRAS40 protein only when phosphorylated at Thr246.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Thr246 of human PRAS40.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum starved H3255, Mkn45 and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or treated with either Gefitinib (1 μM, 3 hours), Su11274 (1 μM, 3 hours) or insulin (150 nM, 15 minutes), using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb (upper) or PRAS40 (D23C7) Rabbit mAb #2691 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum starved HeLa cells, untreated or treated with insulin (100 nM, 5 minutes) or with insulin and λ phosphatase, using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb (upper) or PRAS40 Antibody #2610 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, control (left) or λ phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (C77D7) Rabbit mAb.
Many growth factors and hormones induce the phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling pathway, which results in the activation of downstream effector proteins such as the serine/threonine kinase Akt (1,2). One known Akt substrate is a 40 kDa, proline-rich protein (PRAS40) that binds to 14-3-3 proteins (2). PRAS40 also binds mTOR to transduce Akt signals to the mTOR complex. Inhibition of mTOR signaling stimulates PRAS40 binding to mTOR, which in turn inhibits mTOR activity (3). PRAS40 interacts with raptor in mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1) in insulin-deprived cells and inhibits the activation of the mTORC1 pathway mediated by the cell cycle protein Rheb. Phosphorylation of PRAS40 by Akt at Thr246 relieves PRAS40 inhibition of mTORC1 (4). mTORC1 in turn phosphorylates PRAS40 at Ser183 (5).
- Andersen, J.N. et al. (2010) Sci Transl Med 2, 43ra55. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Faber, A. et al. (2011) Cancer Discov 1, 352-365. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Thomson, D.M. et al. (2010) J Appl Physiol 108, 1775-85. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Naito, T. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 21074-81. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2610 PRAS40 Antibody
- 13175 Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (D4D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2640 Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8101 SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
U.S. Patent No. 7,429,487, foreign equivalents, and child patents deriving therefrom.