Survivin AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Survivin Antibody #2803
|2803S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2803||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Surivivin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total human survivin. The antibody does not cross-react with other types of apoptotic inhibitor proteins at physiological conditions.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxyl terminus of human survivin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT29 and Jurkat cells, using Survivin Antibody.
Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (1). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (2,3). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase (4). Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (5,6).
- Reed, J.C. and Reed, S.I. (1999) Nature Cell Biol. 1, 199-200.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Li, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 461-466.
- O'Connor, D.S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 13103-13107.
- Olie, R.A. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2805-2809.
- Grossman, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 635-640.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8888 Phospho-Survivin (Thr34) (D2E11) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6351 SignalSilence® Survivin siRNA I
- 6446 SignalSilence® XIAP siRNA I
- 2802 Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 2045 XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb
- 4952 c-IAP1 Antibody
- 3130 c-IAP2 (58C7) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.