ISG15 AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Protein Stability
ISG15 Antibody #2743
|2743S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2743||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||15||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry, E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of both free and conjugated ISG15 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other ubiquitin family members, including ubiquitin, SUMO1, SUMO2, SUMO3 and NEDD8.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids from human ISG15 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of lysates from HeLa, A549, RAW and COS cells, treated with or without IFN (1000 U/mL) for 24 hours, using ISG15 antibody.
Western blot analysis of NEDD8, Ubiquitin, ISG15 and SUMO-2/3 recombinant proteins (5 ng each), using NEDD8 (#2745) , Ubiquitin (#3936), ISG15 (#2743) and SUMO-2/3 (#4974) Antibodies.
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells, untreated (blue) or IFNa treated (green), using ISG15 antibody compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Interferon-stimulated 15 kDa protein (ISG15), also known as ubiquitin cross-reactive protein (UCRP), is a member of the ubiquitin-like protein family and functions in various biological pathways from pregnancy to innate immune responses (1). Expression of ISG15 is stimulated by cellular exposure to type 1 interferons α and β, in addition to infection with viruses such as influenza B (2,3). After exposure to type I interferons, both lymphocytes and monocytes, in addition to some fibroblasts and epithelial cells, release ISG15 into culture medium (1,4). ISG15 has been shown to function as a cytokine, stimulating interferon γ secretion by monocytes and macrophages, proliferation of natural killer cells, and chemotactic responses in neutrophils (4,5). ISG15 has also been shown to function intracellularly, being covalently conjugated to other proteins by E1 (Ube1L), E2 (UbcH8) and E3 ligases via a multi-step process analogous to ubiquitination (6,7). ISG15 is removed from proteins by the ubiquitin processing protease Ubp43 (8). ISG15-protein conjugation (ISGylation) is induced by type 1 interferons, and target proteins include the serine protease inhibitor Serpin 2A, PLCγ1, ERK1/2, Jak1 and Stat1 (9,10). Unlike ubiquitination, ISGylation does not target proteins for degradation, rather ISGylation increases Jak1 and Stat1 activity, enhancing the cellular response to interferons (11).
- Ritchie, K.J. and Zhang, D.E. (2004) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 15, 237-246.
- Korant, B.D. et al. (1984) J. Biol. Chem. 259, 14835-14839.
- Haas, A.L. et al. (1987) J. Biol. Chem. 262, 11315-11323.
- Knight, E. and Cordova, B. (1991) J. Immunol. 146, 2280-2284.
- D'Cunha, J. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 211-215.
- Loeb, K.R. and Haas, A.L. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 7806-7813.
- Zhao, C. et al. (2005) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102, 10200-10205.
- Malakhov, M.P. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 9976-9981.
- Malakhov, M.P. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 16608-16613.
- Hamerman, J.A. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168, 2415-2423.
- Malakhova, O.A. et al. (2003) Genes Dev. 17, 455-460.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3332 Jak1 Antibody
- 2745 NEDD8 Antibody
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 4930 SUMO-1 Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
- 9176 Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb
- 9172 Stat1 Antibody
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 4372 p44 MAP Kinase (Erk1) Antibody
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.