Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody #2580
|2580S||100 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|2580||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody detects transfected levels of IRS-1 when phosphorylated at Ser332/336. It also detects IRS-1 protein when singly phosphorylated at Ser332 or Ser336 of human IRS-1. This antibody does not cross-react with other related phosphoproteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser332/336 of mouse IRS-1 (equivalent to Ser337/341 of human IRS-1). Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from CHO cells overexpressing insulin receptor and IRS-1, untreated or treated with insulin, using Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody (upper and middle) or IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (lower). The middle blot was treated with calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) before antibody probing.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
GSK-3-mediated IRS-1 serine phosphorylation leads to inhibition of insulin-stimulated IRS-1 signaling. Ser332 and Ser336 of IRS-1 are situated in a glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) consensus motif (SXXXS), and it has been shown that Ser332 is the actual GSK-3 phosphorylation site while Ser336 provides a " priming" site necessary for GSK-3 action (11).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
- Liberman, Z. and Eldar-Finkelman, H. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 4422-4428.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3407 IRS-1 (D23G12) Rabbit mAb
- 95816 IRS-1 (D5T8J) Rabbit mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 2491 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) (34C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 2386 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3077 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (D26) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.