Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb #2361
|2361S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2361P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2361||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at serine 63.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser63 of human c-Jun.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or anisomycin-treated C6 cells, or untreated or UV-treated 293 cells, using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb (upper) or c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Blocking Peptide (#1020) (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded NIH/3T3 cell pellets, control (left) or anisomycin-treated (right), using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human skin (normal adjacent to hemangioma), using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb.
c-Jun is a member of the Jun family containing c-Jun, JunB, and JunD, and is a component of the transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1). AP-1 is composed of dimers of Fos, Jun, and ATF family members and binds to and activates transcription at TRE/AP-1 elements (reviewed in 1). Extracellular signals including growth factors, chemokines, and stress activate AP-1-dependent transcription. The transcriptional activity of c-Jun is regulated by phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 through SAPK/JNK (reviewed in 2). Knock-out studies in mice have shown that c-Jun is essential for embryogenesis (3), and subsequent studies have demonstrated roles for c-Jun in various tissues and developmental processes including axon regeneration (4), liver regeneration (5), and T cell development (6). AP-1 regulated genes exert diverse biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as transformation, invasion and metastasis, depending on cell type and context (7-9). Other target genes regulate survival, as well as hypoxia and angiogenesis (8,10). Research studies have implicated c-Jun as a promising therapeutic target for cancer, vascular remodeling, acute inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis (11,12).
- Jochum, W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2401-12.
- Davis, R.J. (2000) Cell 103, 239-52.
- Hilberg, F. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 179-81.
- Raivich, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 57-67.
- Behrens, A. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1782-90.
- Riera-Sans, L. and Behrens, A. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5690-700.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E131-6.
- Weiss, C. and Bohmann, D. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 111-3.
- Karamouzis, M.V. et al. (2007) Mol Cancer Res 5, 109-20.
- Kim, S. and Iwao, H. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 91, 177-81.
- Dass, C.R. and Choong, P.F. (2008) Pharmazie 63, 411-4.
- Lan, R. et al. (2012) Am J Physiol Renal Physiol , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin), Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9261 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Antibody
- 9164 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody
- 8221 PhosphoPlus® c-Jun (Ser63) Antibody Duet
- 9260 PhosphoPlus® c-Jun (Ser63) and c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 9263 c-Jun Control Cell Extracts
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.