Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody #2351
|2351S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2351||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody detects endogenous levels of proteins containing the phospho-Thr-X-Arg motif. This antibody detects phosphorylated Thr followed by Arg or Lys at the +2 position, though its reactivity is lower for Lys compared to Arg at the +2 position. The antibody does not cross-react with nonphospho-Thr or phospho-Ser in the same motif. It recognizes phospho-Thr in the FFT*R motif in PKCbeta II but does not recognize phospho-Thr in other motifs that lack Lys or Arg at +2. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide containing the phospho-Thr-X-Arg motif. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody ELISA: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides containing the phospho-threonine-X-arginine motif. (T* denotes phosphorylated threonine.)
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated, TPA-treated or calyculin A-treated, using Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing staining of proteins containing phosphorylated threonine-X-arginine motifs, using Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody.
Some signaling molecules can be regulated by phosphorylation at a specific threonine followed by arginine or lysine at the +2 position. For example, conventional PKC isozymes phosphorylate substrates containing serine or threonine with Arg or Lys at the -3, -2 and +2 positions (1-2). c-Raf, a mitogen-activated protein kinase and the main effector recruited by GTP-bound Ras, is phosphorylated at Thr481 and Thr491 followed by Lys at the +2 position (3). Phosphorylation of these sites is important for enzyme activities. To determine the phosphorylation state of Thr in the Thr-X-Arg motif, and to identify potential new phosphorylation sites with this motif, Cell Signaling Technology has developed a Phospho-Threonine X-Arginine Antibody that recognizes phosphorylated Thr followed by Arg or Lys at the +2 position.
- Sumandea, M.P. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 22680-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9441 Acetylated-Lysine Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9606 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif (4E2) Mouse mAb
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 2981 Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.