TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Development
TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb #2203
|2203S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2203P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2203||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||48, 50||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TCF1 protein. This antibody does not recognize the dominant negative isoforms of TCF1 lacking the amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain and does not cross-react with LEF1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding Pro95 of human TCF1 protein.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from HT29, Colo201, Jurkat and mouse thymocytes using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or TCF1 blocking peptide #1007 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of DLD-1 cells using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
LEF1 and TCF are members of the high mobility group (HMG) DNA binding protein family of transcription factors that consists of the following: Lymphoid Enhancer Factor 1 (LEF1), T Cell Factor 1 (TCF1), TCF3, and TCF4 (1). LEF1 and TCF1 were originally identified as important factors regulating early lymphoid development (2) and act downstream in Wnt signaling. LEF1 and TCF bind to Wnt response elements to provide docking sites for β-catenin, which translocates to the nucleus to promote the transcription of target genes upon activation of Wnt signaling (3). LEF1 and TCF are dynamically expressed during development and aberrant activation of the Wnt signaling pathway is involved in many types of cancers including colon cancer (4,5).
TCF1, also known as Transcription Factor 7 (TCF7), has several isoforms due to alternative splicing and transcription from an alternative promoter. The isoforms generated by the alternative promoter do not contain the amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain and therefore may function in a dominant negative manner (6). TCF1 displays dynamic expression both in the total amount and the type of isoforms expressed in T cells during development and differentiation (7).
- Waterman, M.L. (2004) Cancer Metastasis Rev 23, 41-52.
- Schilham, M.W. and Clevers, H. (1998) Semin Immunol 10, 127-32.
- Brantjes, H. et al. (2002) Biol Chem 383, 255-61.
- Reya, T. and Clevers, H. (2005) Nature 434, 843-50.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20, 781-810.
- Waterman, M.L. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 23, 41-52.
- Willinger, T. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176, 1439-1446.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 1007 TCF1 Blocking Peptide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.