LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAbProduct information
LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb #2184
|2184S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2184||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Directions For Use
For optimal ChIP results, use 10 μl of antibody and 10 μg of chromatin (approximately 4 x 106 cells) per IP. This antibody has been validated using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kits.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LSD1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino-terminus of human LSD1 protein.
Western blot analysis of cell lysates from various cell types using LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human stomach carcinoma using LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from U-937 cells and either LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb or Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR SimpleChIP® Human CD11b Promoter Primers #14271, human SPI-1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Lysine-specific demethylase 1 (LSD1; also known as AOF2 and BHC110) is a nuclear amine oxidase homolog that acts as a histone demethylase and transcription cofactor (1). Gene activation and repression is specifically regulated by the methylation state of distinct histone protein lysine residues. For example, methylation of histone H3 at Lys4 facilitates transcriptional activation by coordinating the recruitment of BPTF, a component of the NURF chromatin remodeling complex, and WDR5, a component of multiple histone methyltransferase complexes (2,3). In contrast, methylation of histone H3 at Lys9 facilitates transcriptional repression by recruiting HP1 (4,5). LSD1 is a component of the CoREST transcriptional co-repressor complex that also contains CoREST, CtBP, HDAC1 and HDAC2. As part of this complex, LSD1 demethylates mono-methyl and di-methyl histone H3 at Lys4 through a FAD-dependent oxidation reaction to facilitate neuronal-specific gene repression in non-neuronal cells (1,6,7). In contrast, LSD1 associates with androgen receptor in human prostate cells to demethylate mono-methyl and di-methyl histone H3 at Lys9 and facilitate androgen receptor-dependent transcriptional activation (8). Therefore, depending on gene context LSD1 can function as either a transcriptional co-repressor or co-activator. LSD1 activity is inhibited by the amine oxidase inhibitors pargyline, deprenyl, clorgyline and tranylcypromine (8).
- Shi, Y. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 941-953.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 86-90.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2005) Cell 121, 859-872.
- Jacobs, S.A. and Khorasanizadeh, S. (2002) Science 295, 2080-2083.
- Nielsen, P.R. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 103-107.
- Shi, Y.J. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell 19, 857-864.
- Lee, M.G. et al. (2005) Nature 437, 432-435.
- Metzger, E. et al. (2005) Nature 437, 436-439.
- Rudra, D. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 1010-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 13079 Immunohistochemistry Application Solutions Kit (Rabbit)
- 9723 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 37177 Phospho-LSD1 (Ser131) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 14271 SimpleChIP® Human CD11b Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9727 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
U.S. Patent No. 7,429,487, foreign equivalents, and child patents deriving therefrom.