eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb #2013
|2013S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2013T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2013||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met316 of human eIF4A protein.
A variety of factors contribute to the important biological event of initiation of translation. The eIF4F complex of translation initiation factors binds to the 5' m7 GTP cap to open up the mRNA secondary structure and allow small ribosome subunit binding (1). eIF4A, an eIF4 complex component that acts as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, unwinds the secondary structure of the 5' mRNA untranslated region to mediate ribosome binding (2,3). In addition, eIF4A has recently been shown to repress Dpp/BMP signalling in a translation-independent manner in Drosophila (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.