Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb #8699
|8699S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8699||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||24||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine, Guinea Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of MOB1 protein only when phosphorylated at Thr35.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr35 of human MOB1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF7 cells, either untreated (-) or treated (+) with H2O2 (2.5 mM, 30 min) and Ramos cells, either untreated (-) or treated (+) with λ phosphatase, using Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb (upper) and MOB1 Antibody #3863 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right) using Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb.
MOB1 was first identified in yeast as a protein that binds to Mps with essential roles in the completion of mitosis and the maintenance of ploidy (1). Its Drosophila and mammalian homologs, Mats and MOB1, respectively, are involved in the Hippo signaling tumor suppressor pathway, which plays a critical role in organ size regulation and which has been implicated in cancer development (2-5). There are two MOB1 proteins in humans, MOB1α and MOB1β, that are encoded by two different genes but which have greater than 95% amino acid sequence identity (6). Both forms bind to members of the nuclear Dbf2-related (NDR) kinases, such as LATS1/2 and NDR1/2, thereby stimulating kinase activity (7-9). This binding is promoted by the phosphorylation of MOB1 at several threonine residues by MST1 and/or MST2 (5,10).
Phosphorylation at Thr35 by MST1/2 stabilizes MOB1, enhancing its binding and regulation of LATS1 (5). The resultant increase in LATS1 kinase activity promotes inhibitory phosphorylation of the transcriptional co-activators YAP and TAZ (11,12), leading to changes in the expression of genes involved in cell cycle progression (13).
- Luca, F.C. and Winey, M. (1998) Mol Biol Cell 9, 29-46.
- Edgar, B.A. (2006) Cell 124, 267-73.
- Saucedo, L.J. and Edgar, B.A. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 613-21.
- Harvey, K. and Tapon, N. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 182-91.
- Zeng, Q. and Hong, W. (2008) Cancer Cell 13, 188-92.
- Praskova, M. et al. (2008) Curr Biol 18, 311-21.
- Devroe, E. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 24444-51.
- Hergovich, A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 8259-72.
- Hergovich, A. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345, 50-8.
- Hirabayashi, S. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 4281-92.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2747-61.
- Lei, Q.Y. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2426-36.
- Hao, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 5496-509.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9153 LATS1 Antibody
- 3863 MOB1 Antibody
- 3682 MST1 Antibody
- 3952 MST2 Antibody
- 3723 MST3 Antibody
- 4062 MST3b Antibody
- 3822 MST4 Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9157 Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody
- 8843 Phospho-MOB1 (Thr12) (D2E3) Rabbit mAb
- 3681 Phospho-MST1 (Thr183)/MST2 (Thr180) Antibody
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 8418 YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.