|250 units ( 10,000 units/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
|1.250 units ( 10,000 units/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
Having supplied restriction enzymes to the research community for over 40 years, NEB has earned the reputation of being the leader in enzyme technologies. Working continuously to be worthy of that distinction, NEB strives to develop enzymes of the highest purity and unparalleled quality.
- Time-Saver™ qualified for digestion in 5-15 minutes
- 100% activity in CutSmart® Buffer (over 210 enzymes are available in the same buffer) simplifying double digests
- Supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)
Featured VideosView Video Library
Reduce Star Activity with High-Fidelity Restriction Enzymes
Time-Saver Protocol for Restriction Enzyme Digests
NEB TV Ep. 15 – Applications of Restriction Enzymes
CutSmart™ Restriction Enzyme Buffer
Restriction Enzyme Digest Protocol: Cutting Close to DNA End
Restriction Enzyme Digestion Problem: DNA Smear on Agarose Gel
Why is My Restriction Enzyme Not Cutting DNA?
Restriction Enzyme Digest Problem: Too Many DNA Bands
Double Digestion with NEBcloner
Product SourceA P. alcaligenes strain that carries the PacI gene from Pseudomonas alcaligenes (C. Polisson).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
- Product Categories:
- Restriction Endonucleases P R,
- time-saver-qualified-restriction-enzymes Products
Properties & Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of pNEB193 DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 µg/ml BSA
(pH 7.9 @ 25°C)
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer™ 1.1: 100%
NEBuffer™ 2.1: 75%
NEBuffer™ 3.1: 10%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
200 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 µg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
- Not sensitive to CpG, dcm, or dam methylation.
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
Usage & Guidelines
- Activity at 37°C for Restriction Enzymes with Alternate Incubation Temperatures
- Activity of Restriction Enzymes in PCR Buffers
- Cleavage Close to the End of DNA Fragments
- Digestion of Agarose-Embedded DNA: Info for Specific Enzymes
- Double Digests
- Heat Inactivation
- NEBuffer Activity/Performance Chart with Restriction Enzymes
- Optimizing Restriction Endonuclease Reactions
- Restriction Endonucleases - Survival in a Reaction
- Restriction Enzyme Diluent Buffer Compatibility
- Restriction Enzyme Tips
- Single Letter Codes
- Star Activity
- Traditional Cloning Quick Guide
Tools & Resources
- Alphabetized List of Recognition Specificities
- Compatible Cohesive Ends and Generation of New Restriction Sites
- Cross Index of Recognition Sequences
- Dam-Dcm and CpG Methylation
- Frequencies of Restriction Sites
- NEB Diluent and Buffer Table
- Time-Saver™ Qualified Enzymes
- Why Choose Recombinant Enzymes?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- How can the efficieny of PacI be increased?
- Is PacI inhibited by salt?
- What is the activity of PacI at 25°C?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- I tested your restriction enzyme on the substrate DNA recommended by NEB, and it appears to be active, however it does not digest my DNA. What could be the reason?
- Why is my Restriction Enzyme not cutting DNA?
- Why do I see a DNA smear on an agarose gel after a restriction digest?
- Why do I see additional DNA bands on my gel after a restriction digest?
- How many nucleotides do I have to add adjacent to the RE recognition site in order to get efficient cutting?
- Which NEB restriction enzymes are supplied with Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)?
- Is this enzyme sensitive to dam, dcm or mammalian CpG methylation?
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
- R0547S_L v1_0651301
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)
Legal and DisclaimersThis product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.