Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAbProduct information
Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb #9624
|9624L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9624S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9624||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-Ser/Thr residue with arginine at the -3 and -2 positions. It is a useful tool in identifying new substrates of PKA. The antibody recognizes other -3 arginine-bearing phospho-Ser/Thr peptides, such as substrate motifs for Akt and PKC, to a lesser extent. It does not recognize the nonphosphorylated substrate motif peptides. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-PKA substrate peptides .
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved A431 cells, phosphorylated in vitro with PKA kinase or treated in culture with forskolin/IBMX, using Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb. Lysis buffer: 1.0% Triton X-100 (lanes 1 and 2), 2.0% SDS (lanes 3 and 4).
An important class of kinases, refered to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Phospho-PKA substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by PKA and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Bradshaw, N.J. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 9043-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: IP.
- Li, X. et al. (2006) Biochem J 394, 427-35. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Moir, R.D. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 15044-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kir, S. et al. (2014) Nature , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9634 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PDK1 Docking Motif (18A2) Mouse mAb
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6406 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA I
- 6574 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA II
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.