Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific)Product information
Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific) #9545
|9545S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9545T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9545||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment of rat PARP1 (89 kDa) resulting from caspase cleavage. The antibody does not recognize full length PARP1 or other PARP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues surrounding Asp214 in rat PARP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro (2,3) and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (4,5). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (2,4). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis (6).
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Satoh, M.S. and Lindahl, T. (1992) Nature 356, 356-358.
- Lazebnik, Y. A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 346-347.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Tewari, M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 801-809.
- Oliver, F.J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33533-33539.
- Erhardt, J. A. et al. (2001) . Thromb. Res. 103, 143-148. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Han, H. et al. (2001) . J. Biol. Chem. 276 (28), 26357-26364. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Au-Yeung, K. W. et al. (2001) Bio. Pharmacol. 62 (4), 483-493. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 5625 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9541 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9544 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.