RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific)Product information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific) #2989
|2989S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2989||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific) detects transfected levels of rodent RANTES.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxyl terminus of rodent RANTES.
RANTES/CCL5 (regulated upon activation, T cell expressed and secreted) is a member of the "C-C" or β family of chemokines that induce inflammation and are associated with a number of inflammatory disorders (1,2). RANTES is produced and secreted mainly by CD8+ T cells, macrophages, and platelets, as well as epithelial cells, fibroblasts and some solid tumors (2-7). RANTES acts as a chemoattractant and has other regulatory functions on a number of cell types including monocytes, memory T cells, NK cells, eosinophils, basophils, dendritic cells, and mast cells (3, 7-9). Signaling by RANTES is mediated by several G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), including CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5.
- Schall, T.J. (1991) Cytokine 3, 165-83.
- Schall, T.J. et al. (1988) J Immunol 141, 1018-25.
- Kameyoshi, Y. et al. (1992) J Exp Med 176, 587-92.
- Rathanaswami, P. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 5834-9.
- Mattei, S. et al. (1994) Int J Cancer 56, 853-7.
- Stellato, C. et al. (1995) J Immunol 155, 410-8.
- Schall, T.J. et al. (1990) Nature 347, 669-71.
- Kuna, P. et al. (1992) J Immunol 149, 636-42.
- Mattoli, S. et al. (1995) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 209, 316-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.