Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
INCENP (P240) Antibody #2807
|2807S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2807||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
INCENP (P240) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total INCENP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Pro240 of human INCENP. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts of Jurkat and MOLT4 cells using INCENP (P240) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mitotic HeLa cells during metaphase (left) or anaphase (right) using INCENP (P240) Antibody (green) and β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #2116 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, using INCENP (P240) Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
INCENP (inner centromere protein antigens 135 kDa, 155 kDa) is a chromosomal passenger protein crucial for multiple events that mediate chromosome separation during mitosis (1). At prophase INCENP is associated with chromatin whereas during prometaphase and metaphase it translocates to the inner centromere (1). Depletion of INCENP results in aberrant chromosome alignment at the metaphase plate, incomplete chromosome separation, and disruption of proper spindle formation and cytokinesis (2). INCENP is part of the chromosomal passenger complex that also contains Aurora B, borealin and survivin (2). Aurora B and INCENP are mutually dependent on each other for proper localization (3), and in Drosophila cells and C.elegans embryos that lack INCENP or survivin, Aurora B cannot organize the kinetochores and the midbody (4,5). Phosphorylation on INCENP by CDK1 on Thr59 and Thr388 leads to the association of INCENP with Plk1, another important regulator of mitotic entry and exit (6). Interaction of INCENP with Plk1 is necessary for recruitment of Plk1 to the kinetochores, and the metaphase to anaphase transition (6). Interactions have also been reported between INCENP and heterochromatin protein 1α (HP1) (7) and β-tubulin (8).
- Carmena, M. and Earnshaw, W.C. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 110-1.
- Carmena, M. and Earnshaw, W.C. (2003) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4, 842-54.
- Kaitna, S. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 1172-81.
- Speliotes, E.K. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 6, 211-23.
- Adams, R.R. et al. (2001) J Cell Biol 153, 865-80.
- Goto, H. et al. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 180-7.
- Ainsztein, A.M. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 143, 1763-74.
- Wheatley, S.P. et al. (2001) Exp Cell Res 262, 122-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3094 Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2623 HP1α/β (C7F11) Rabbit mAb
- 2718 Histone H2A.Z Antibody
- 2786 INCENP (A841) Antibody
- 4513 PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.