Product Pathways - Development
Numb Antibody #2733
|2733S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2733||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Numb Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Numb protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe482 of human Numb. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Numb contains an amino-terminal phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain and carboxy-terminal endocytic binding motifs for α-adaptin and EH (Eps15 homology) domain-containing proteins, indicating a role in endocytosis (1,2). There are four mammalian Numb splicing isoforms that are differentially expressed and may have distinct functions (3-5). Numb acts as a negative regulator of Notch signaling by promoting ubiquitination and degradation of Notch (6). The protein is asymmetrically segregated into one daughter cell during cell division, producing two daughter cells with different responses to Notch signaling and different cell fates (7,8). The localization of Numb can also be regulated by G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) and PKC signaling (9).
- Berdnik, D. et al. (2002) Dev. Cell 3, 221-231.
- Santolini, E. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 151, 1345-1352.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 33097-33104.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 10472-10476.
- Toriya, M. et al. (2006) Dev. Neurosci. 28, 142-155.
- McGill, M.A. and McGlade, C.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 23196-23203.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1996) Curr. Biol. 6, 1134-1145.
- Reugels, A.M. et al. (2006) Dev. Dyn. 235, 934-948.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (2006) Mol. Biol. Cell 17, 4142-4155.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 9878 Phospho-Numb (Ser276) (D5C2) Rabbit mAb
- 4140 Phospho-Numb (Ser276) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.