Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb #3633
|3633S||100 µl (250 slides)||---||In Stock||---|
|3633P||40 µl (100 slides)||---||In Stock||---|
|3633||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:2000||Human||Endogenous||220 (ALK), 80 (NPM-ALK), 117 (EML4-ALK v1), 86 (EML4-ALK v3)||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total ALK protein as well as ALK fusion proteins, such as EML4-ALK variants and NPM-ALK, even at low levels. This antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein corresponding to residues in the carboxy terminus of human ALK.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NCI-H2228 and NCI-H3122 cells using ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb. Variants denoting fusions of different EML4 exons (v1 or v3) are indicated.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma with high (left) and low levels (right) of ALK expression using ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) using ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of DU 145 cells (blue) and KARPAS-299 cells (green) using ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb. Cell Line Source: Dr Abraham Karpas at the University of Cambridge.
Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) is a tyrosine kinase receptor for pleiotrophin (PTN), a growth factor involved in embryonic brain development (1-3). In ALK-expressing cells, PTN induces phosphorylation of both ALK and the downstream effectors IRS-1, Shc, PLCγ, and PI3 kinase (1). ALK was originally discovered as a nucleophosmin (NPM)-ALK fusion protein produced by a translocation (4). Investigators have found that the NPM-ALK fusion protein is a constitutively active, oncogenic tyrosine kinase associated with anaplastic lymphoma (4). Research literature suggests that activation of PLCγ by NPM-ALK may be a crucial step for its mitogenic activity and involved in the pathogenesis of anaplastic lymphomas (5).
A distinct ALK oncogenic fusion protein involving ALK and echinoderm microtubule-associated protein like 4 (EML4) has been described in the research literature from a non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line, with corresponding fusion transcripts present in some cases of lung adenocarcinoma. The short, amino-terminal region of the microtubule-associated protein EML4 is fused to the kinase domain of ALK (6-8).
Investigators have identified ALK translocations with other fusion partners, such as TRK-fused gene (TFG) and KIF5B, which have also been associated with NSCLC (6,7). In particular, the EML4-ALK fusion protein has been found in 3-7% of NSCLC samples (6-14).
- Stoica, G.E. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16772-9.
- Iwahara, T. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 439-49.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2175-88.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1281-4.
- Bai, R.Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 6951-61.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
- Takeuchi, K. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 6618-24.
- Soda, M. et al. (2007) Nature 448, 561-6.
- Takeuchi, K. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 3143-9.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (2009) Biochem J 420, 345-61.
- Horn, L. and Pao, W. (2009) J Clin Oncol 27, 4232-5.
- Rodig, S.J. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 5216-23.
- Mino-Kenudson, M. et al. (2010) Clin Cancer Res 16, 1561-71.
- Kwak, E.L. et al. (2010) N Engl J Med 363, 1693-703.
- Mino-Kenudson, M. et al. (2010) Clin Cancer Res 16, 1561-71. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Kwak, E.L. et al. (2010) N Engl J Med 363, 1693-703. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Ren, H. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 3312-23. Applications: Western Blotting, IHC-P (paraffin), IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 3348 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1586) (3B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3341 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1604) Antibody
- 3343 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1586) Antibody
- 3710 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1278) Antibody
- 3714 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1282/1283) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8868 ALK (D5F3™) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.