Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRAP (3E1) Mouse mAb #9876
|9876S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9876||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRAP (3E1) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IRAP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a fusion protein corresponding to the amino terminus of rat IRAP.
IRAP (also known as LNPEP) was originally described as an insulin-responsive aminopeptidase found in Glut4-containing vesicles (1). It is essentially always in the same compartments as Glut4 and has identical insulin-stimulated translocation patterns as Glut4 (2). IRAP is therefore considered to be a surrogate marker for Glut4 (2). IRAP was later found to be a critical enzyme that regulates the expression and activity of several essential hormones and regulatory proteins, including the Glut4 transporter (3,4). This membrane associated, zinc-dependent cystinyl aminopeptidase acts as both a receptor for angiotensin IV as well as the enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of this essential hormone from its angiotensinogen precursor (5). IRAP catalyzes the hydrolysis of several peptide hormones, including oxytocin and vasopressin (4). Abnormal IRAP expression or activity is associated with several forms of cancer in humans, including renal and endometrial cancers (6,7).
- Garza, L.A. and Birnbaum, M.J. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 2560-7.
- Gross, D.N. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 7151-62.
- Albiston, A.L. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 48623-6.
- Keller, S.R. (2003) Front Biosci 8, s410-20.
- Vanderheyden, P.M. (2009) Mol Cell Endocrinol 302, 159-66.
- Larrinaga, G. et al. (2007) Regul Pept 144, 56-61.
- Suzuki, Y. et al. (2003) Clin Cancer Res 9, 1528-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2670 AS160 (C69A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2447 AS160 Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2213 Glut4 (1F8) Mouse mAb
- 6918 IRAP (D7C5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3808 IRAP Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 6928 Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser660) Antibody
- 6929 Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser700) Antibody
- 6927 Phospho-TBC1D1 (Thr590) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2400 Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb
- 5929 TBC1D1 (G689) Antibody
- 4629 TBC1D1 (V796) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.