Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
PRK2 Antibody #2612
|2612S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2612||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||140||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PRK2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PRK2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with PRK1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human PRK2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The protein kinase C-related kinases (PRKs) are a subfamily of Ser/Thr-specific kinases with a catalytic domain highly homologous to the PKC family (1-3). They are effectors of Rho family GTPases (4-6) and are activated by fatty acids and phospholipids in vitro (7,8). Activation in vitro and in vivo involves the activation loop phosphorylation of PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) by PDK1 (9,10).
- Mukai, H. et al. (1994) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 199, 897-904.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 20040-20046.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 356, 5-8.
- Watanabe, G. et al. (1996) Science 271, 645-648.
- Amano, M. et al. (1996) Science 271, 648-650.
- Vincent, S. and Settleman, J. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2247-2256.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 351, 171-175.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 22412-22416.
- Flynn, P. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 11064-70.
- Dong, L.Q. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 5089-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9960 PKC Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2611 Phospho-PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.