DescriptionQuick-Load® 2-Log DNA Ladder is a pre-mixed, ready-to-load molecular weight marker containing bromophenol blue as a tracking dye.
The DNA Ladder consists of proprietary plasmids which are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 19 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis. This digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 100 bp to 10 kb. The 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 kb bands have increased intensity to serve as reference bands.
Properties and Usage
|15||124||500 / 517|
Effective Size Range100bp to 10,002bp
3.3 mM Tris-HCl
11 mM EDTA
0.015% bromophenol blue
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
TrademarksQUICK-LOAD® is a registered trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
FICOLL® is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences AB.
- Preparation of DNA: The double-stranded DNA is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes, phenol extracted and equilibrated in storage buffer.
- We recommend loading 5-10 μl (0.5-1.0 μg) of Quick-Load 2-Log DNA Ladder per gel lane.
- In general, it is recommended to load 1µl per mm of gel lane.
- The Quick-Load DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- Quick-Load DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- For long term storage, store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E. F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, (2nd ed.), Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 10.51-10.67.
- Why are the DNA ladders showing up on my Southern blot? What is the sequence or composition of the ladder bands?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?