Product SourceAn E.coli strain that carries the cloned BpmI gene from Bacillus pumilus (S.K. Degtyarev).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X NEBuffer 3.1
Incubate at 37°C
1X NEBuffer 3.1:
100 mM NaCl
50 mM Tris-HCl
10 mM MgCl2
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 75%
NEBuffer 2.1: 100%
NEBuffer 3.1: 100%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
200 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Ligation and Recutting (Terminal Integrity):
After an over-digestion of DNA with a restriction endonuclease the percentage of the DNA fragments ligated with T4 DNA ligase and the percentage that can be recut are determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
New England Biolabs, Inc.
U.S. Patent No. 6,413,758
- BpmI is an isoschizomer of GsuI.
- BpmI prefers substrates with multiple sites.
- Star activity may result from extended digestion
- How do you recommend using BpmI?
- Is BpmI blocked by overlapping dcm methylation?
- Is extended digestion of BpmI recommended?
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- My enzyme is no longer Time-Saver™ qualified. What happened?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer Activity Chart?
- How can I access the old Double Digest Finder?