Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the NgoMIV gene from Neisseria gonorrhoeae MS11 (M. So).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of Adenovirus-2 DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 100%
NEBuffer 2.1: 50%
NEBuffer 3.1: 10%
CutSmart™ Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Blocked
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
- Blue-White Screening (Terminal Integrity):
A sample of DNA vector linearized with a 10-fold excess of a restriction endonuclease, religated and transformed into an E. coli strain expressing the LacZ beta fragment gene results in less than 1% white colonies.
- Endonuclease Activity (Nicking):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a supercoiled DNA substrate. After incubation for 4 hours the percent converted to the nicked form is determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Ligation and Recutting (Terminal Integrity):
After an over-digestion of DNA with a restriction endonuclease the percentage of the DNA fragments ligated with T4 DNA ligase and the percentage that can be recut are determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- NgoMIV is an isoschizomer of NaeI.
- Star activity may result from extended digestion, high enzyme concentration or a glycerol concentration of >5%
- Is this the same as NgoMI?
- Is NgoMIV affected by methylation?
- How does NgoMIV differ from its neoschizomer, NaeI?
- Does NgoMIV exhibit reduced activity on supercoiled DNA?
- What is the activity of NgoMIV at 25°C?
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer Activity Chart?
- How can I access the old Double Digest Finder?
- I tested your restriction enzyme on the substrate DNA recommended by NEB, and it appears to be active, however it does not digest my DNA. What could be the reason?