DescriptionDdeI crystals (Lydia Dorner, Sandra Cook and Ira Schildkraut, New England Biolabs)
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the DdeI gene from Desulfovibrio desulfuricans (NCIB 83120).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 75%
NEBuffer 2.1: 100%
NEBuffer 3.1: 100%
CutSmart™ Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
300 mM NaCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
500 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
- Endonuclease Activity (Nicking):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a supercoiled DNA substrate. After incubation for 4 hours the percent converted to the nicked form is determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Ligation and Recutting (Terminal Integrity):
After an over-digestion of DNA with a restriction endonuclease the percentage of the DNA fragments ligated with T4 DNA ligase and the percentage that can be recut are determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Cleaves single-stranded DNA slowly.
- Do degenerate recognition sites need to be palindromic?
- My enzyme used to come with another NEBuffer, but CutSmart™ Buffer is now recommended? Why?
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer Activity Chart?
- How can I access the old Double Digest Finder?