The PCR Marker consists of a proprietary plasmid that is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 5 double-stranded DNA bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose and acrylamide gel electrophoresis. The digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 50-766 base pairs. The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 0.3 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Blue (6X).
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range50bp to 766bp
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
Material Safety Datasheets
- We recommend loading 0.3 μg of PCR Marker diluted in sample buffer.
This marker was not designed for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- PCR Marker is stable for at least 3 months at 4°C.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C. If samples need to be diluted, use TE or other buffer of minimal ionic strength. DNA may denature if diluted in dH2O.
- All ends have 5' overhangs that can be labeled using T4 Polynucleotide Kinase (NEB #M0201) or filled-in using DNA Polymerase I, Klenow Fragment (NEB #M0210) (1). Use α-[32P] dCTP or α-[32P] dGTP for the fill-in reaction.
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Blue:
11 mM EDTA
3.3 mM Tris-HCL (pH 8.0@ 25°C)
0.015% bromophenol blue