Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb #2477
|2477S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2477||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Transfected Only||230||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-VEGF Receptor-2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb detects transfected levels of VEGFR-2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1212. The antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated receptor tyrosine kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1214 of human VEGF receptor-2.
Western blot analysis of recombinant human GST-VEGF Receptor 2 (Val789-Val1356), untreated or λ phosphatase-treated, using Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb (upper) and VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody #2472 (lower).
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb specifically binds to phosphorylated VEGFR2, but not other phosphorylated tyrosine kinases. Western blot analysis of extracts from cells expressing different activated tyrosine kinase proteins, using Phospho-VEGF Receptor-2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Phospho-Tyrosine mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411 (lower). CKR/PAE cells (lanes 12 and 13) express chimeric receptors containing human CSF-1 extracellular binding domain/mouse VEGF receptor-2 intracellular domain (5). CSF-1 stimulates phosphorylation of Tyr1212 of intracellular VEGF receptor-2 domain (lane 12) , which was specifically detected by Phospho-VEGF Receptor-2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2904 VEGF Receptor 2 Control Proteins
- 8065 Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-165 (hVEGF165 )
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 2476 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb
- 2893 VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
- 2445 VEGF-C Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.