Product Pathways - Neuroscience
APP Antibody #2452
|2452S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2452||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||100 to 140||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
APP Antibody detects endogenous levels of several isoforms of both mature and immature amyloid beta (A4) precursor protein, including APP695, APP770 and APP751.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr668 of human APP695. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa (human), 3T3L1 (mouse) or C6 (rat) cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated (1 µg/ml, 16-18 hours), using APP Antibody.
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
- Muresan, Z. and Muresan, V. (2004) . Hum. Mol. Genet. 13 (5), 475-488. Applications: IC-IF, Western Blotting.
- Sontag, E. et al. (2007) J Neurosci 27, 2751-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 6986 Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3823 Phospho-APP (Thr668) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.