Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
VEGF-C Antibody #2445
|2445S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2445||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
VEGF-C Antibody detects recombinant human VEGF-C protein at various concentrations. This antibody does not cross-react with other VEGF family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr189 of human VEGF-C. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a highly specific mitogen for vascular endothelial cells. VEGF and its close relatives VEGF-B, -C and -D form a subfamily within PDGF family of growth factors, which belongs to the cysteine knot class of cytokines. Five VEGF isoforms of 121, 145, 165, 189 and 206 amino acids (VEGF121–206) are generated as a result of alternative splicing from a single VEGF gene (1).
The various VEGF forms bind to three tyrosine-kinase receptors, VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3 which are expressed almost exclusively in endothelial cells. VEGFR-2 is the main angiogenic signal transducer for VEGF, while VEGFR-3 is specific for VEGF-C and -D and is necessary and sufficient for lymphangiogenic signaling. However, upon proteolytic processing VEGF-C and -D gain the ability to also bind and activate VEGFR-2 (2). Guided by the binding properties of the ligands, the VEGFRs are able to form both homodimers and heterodimers. Receptor dimerization is accompanied by activation of receptor kinase activity leading to receptor autophosphorylation. Phosphorylated receptors recruit interacting proteins and induce downstream signaling (3). Recently, tumor therapies based on neutralizing anti-VEGF antibodies and small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitors targeting VEGFRs have been developed. These new strategies for tumor treatment show the clinical relevance of inhibiting VEGF signal transduction pathways that are exaggerated in pathological angiogenesis (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2476 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2893 VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.