Myc-Tag Antibody #2272
|2272S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2272||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myc-Tag Antibody detects recombinant proteins containing the Myc epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the Myc-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 410-419 of human c-Myc (EQKLISEEDL). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts alone (lane 1), cells expressing Myc tagged to the carboxy terminus of the protein (lane 2) and Myc tagged to the amino terminus of the protein (lane 3), using Myc-Tag Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of COS cells transfected with a Myc-tagged protein (left) or untransfected (right) using Myc-Tag Antibody. Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untreated (blue) or Myc transfected (green), using Myc-Tag Antibody.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The Myc epitope tag is widely used to detect expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cell systems (1).
- Zhang, H. et al. (2002) . Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 6498-6508. Applications: IC-IF.
- Lopes, N. et al. (2003) . Mol. Cell. Biol. 23 (15), 5401-5408. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shimizu, K. et al. (2002) . Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 9133-9138. Applications: IC-IF, IP, Western Blotting.
- Liu, S. et al. (2012) PLoS Genet 8, e1002537. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2396 MBP Tag (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.