Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb #6986
|6986S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6986||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100-140||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb detects different isoforms of endogenous amyloid β (A4) precursor protein only when phosphorylated at Thr668 (or the corresponding position of other isoforms).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr668 of human APP protein.
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12467 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb
- 12077 β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb
- 12990 β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb
- 12843 β-Amyloid (1-42 Specific) (D3E10) Rabbit mAb
- 9888 β-Amyloid (D12B2) Rabbit mAb
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 13172 β-Amyloid (pE3 Peptide) Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.