Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synaptophysin (D40C4) Rabbit mAb #5467
|5467S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5467||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||38||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synaptophysin (D40C4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total synaptophysin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Pro195 of human synaptophysin protein.
Synaptophysin (SYP) is a neuronal synaptic vesicle glycoprotein that is expressed in neuroendocrine cells and neoplasms (1). Synaptophysin contains four transmembrane domains that form a hexameric channel or gap junction-like pore (2). Synaptophysin binds to the SNARE protein synaptobrevin/VAMP, which prevents the inclusion of synaptobrevin in the synaptic vesicle fusion complex and creates a pool of synaptobrevin for exocytosis when synapse activity increases (3). Synaptophysin is also responsible for targeting synaptobrevin 2/VAMP2 to synaptic vesicles, a critical component of the fusion complex (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3926 SNAP25 (D110) Antibody
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 3757 SNIP/p140Cap Antibody
- 2145 NSF Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.