Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synaptophysin (D40C4) Rabbit mAb #5467
|5467S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5467||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||38||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synaptophysin (D40C4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total synaptophysin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Pro195 of human synaptophysin protein.
Synaptophysin (SYP) is a neuronal synaptic vesicle glycoprotein that is expressed in neuroendocrine cells and neoplasms (1). Synaptophysin contains four transmembrane domains that form a hexameric channel or gap junction-like pore (2). Synaptophysin binds to the SNARE protein synaptobrevin/VAMP, which prevents the inclusion of synaptobrevin in the synaptic vesicle fusion complex and creates a pool of synaptobrevin for exocytosis when synapse activity increases (3). Synaptophysin is also responsible for targeting synaptobrevin 2/VAMP2 to synaptic vesicles, a critical component of the fusion complex (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2145 NSF Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3926 SNAP25 (D110) Antibody
- 3757 SNIP/p140Cap Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.