MACHEREY-NAGEL 744800 NucleoMag 96 Virus
Magnetic-bead based isolation of viral RNA and DNA from serum or plasma for high throughput in 96-well format
NucleoMag® 96 Virus is designed for rapid manual and automated small-scale preparation of viral RNA / DNA from cell-free body fluids such as serum or plasma. Typically, 96 samples can be purified in less than 120 minutes on common automation platforms. The kit provides reagents for the purification of viral DNA / RNA from up to 200 µL sample volume.
The NucleoMag® product family is based on magnetic bead technology. The binding technology is similar to the silica membrane technology: Nucleic acids are bound to the magnetic beads under chaotropic salt conditions, contaminants are washed away with ethanolic wash buffers, and pure RNA / DNA can be eluted from the beads using elution buffer.
The NucleoMag® technology can be easily adapted to common liquid handling instruments. It can be used either with static-pin separators (e.g., NucleoMag® SEP) or magnetic separators integrated into robotic workstations.
||Highly reactive superparamagnetic beads
||Manual or automated
||≤ 200 µl serum or plasma
||≥ 50 µl
||< 120 min/96 preps
- One-tube procedure minimizes risk of cross-contamination
- Small elution volumes ≥ 50 μl possible
- Yield does not depend on elution volume
- Suitable for manual and automated processing
- Proteinase K and Carrier RNA included
- Extraction of viral DNA and RNA from serum or plasma
- Veterinary testing applications
- Norovirus RNA isolation from stool samples
Kits to be used for research purposes only
For use with KingFisher® 96 platform: