Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GAD1 Antibody #5305
|5305S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5305||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||67||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAD1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GAD1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro19 of human GAD1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The enzyme glutamate decarboxylase (GAD) is responsible for the synthesis of the essential neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) from L-glutamic acid (1). GAD1 (GAD67) and GAD2 (GAD65) are expressed in nervous and endocrine systems (2) and are thought to be involved in synaptic transmission (3) and insulin secretion (4), respectively. Autoantibodies against GAD2 may serve as markers for type I diabetes (5). Many individuals suffering from an adult onset disorder known as Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) also express autoantibodies to GAD2 (6).
Mutations in the GAD1 gene can cause autosomal recessive spastic cerebral palsy, possibly attributable to altered glutamate/GABA ratios (7).
- Kaufman, D.L. et al. (1991) J Neurochem 56, 720-3.
- Feldblum, S. et al. (1993) J Neurosci Res 34, 689-706.
- Gao, B. and Moore, R.Y. (1996) J Biol Rhythms 11, 172-9.
- Rubi, B. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 36391-6.
- Gilliam, L.K. et al. (2004) Clin Exp Immunol 138, 337-41.
- Skorstad, G. et al. (2008) Eur J Neurol 15, 973-80.
- Lynex, C.N. et al. (2004) BMC Neurol 4, 20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3988 GAD2 Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.