Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D25G9) Rabbit mAb #5117
|5117S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5117||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D25G9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GluR 3 protein. The antibody is not predicted to detect other AMPA receptor subunits (e.g. GluR 1, GluR 2 or GluR 4) based on sequence homology of the antigen.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His70 of human GluR 3 protein.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainite- and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4) that assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers and mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the CNS. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization and plasticity. Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing and nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phoshorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs (1). GluR 3 knockout mice exhibited normal basal synaptic transmission and long-term depression (LTD) but enhanced long-term potentiation (LTP). In contrast, GluR 2/3 double knockout mice are impaired in basal synaptic transmission (2). Aberrant GluR 3 expression or activity is implicated in a number of diseases, including autoimmune epilepsy, X-linked mental retardation, Rett's syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Alzheimer disease (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3824 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Ala60) Antibody
- 3825 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Arg860) Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 4236 nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4231 nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.