Product Pathways - Metabolism
FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb #3544
|3544S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3544P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3544||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FABP4 protein. This antibody may cross react with other FABP family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human FABP4.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and differentiated 3T3-L1 cells using FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Fatty acid binding proteins (FABPs) bind to fatty acids and other lipids to function as cytoplasmic lipid chaperones (1). They participate in the transport of fatty acids and other lipids to various cellular pathways (2). The predominant fatty acid binding protein found in adipocytes is FABP4, also called adipocyte fatty acid binding protein or aP2. FABP4 is also expressed in macrophages (3). FABP4 knockout mice fed a high-fat and high-calorie diet become obese but develop neither insulin resistance nor diabetes, suggesting that this protein might be a link between obesity and insulin resistance and diabetes (4). Mice deficient in both FABP4 and ApoE show protection against atherosclerosis when compared with mice deficient only in ApoE (3). Mice carrying a FABP4 genetic variant exhibit both reduced FABP4 expression and a reduced potential for developing type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease. A related study in humans indicated a similar pattern, suggesting that FABP4 may be a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of these disorders (1).
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 3180 Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2400 Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
BODIPY is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.