Product Pathways - Metabolism
|9996L||5 mg||---||In Stock||---|
- Molecular Formula:
- Isomer A: C45H74O11 Isomer B: C45H72O12 Isomer C: C45H74O10
Directions For Use
Oligomycin is supplied as a lyophilized powder. For a 5 mM stock, reconstitute the 5 mg in 1.26 ml DMSO. Working concentrations and length of treatment can vary depending on the desired effect, but it is typically used at 0.5 - 10 μM for 0.5 - 8 hours.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated (-) or treated with Oligomycin (5 µM, 30 min; +), using Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb #2535 (upper) or AMPKα Antibody #2532 (lower).
Molecular Weight: 792.3 g/mol
(Average based on isomer content)
During oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria, the electron transport system pumps H+ from the matrix into the intermembrane compartment. This process generates a H+ gradient across the mitochondrial inner membrane. This H+ gradient is used to drive mitochondrial FoF1 ATPase to convert ADP to ATP. Oligomycin, an antibiotic from Streptomyces diastatochromogenes, blocks oxidative phosphorylation by binding to the Fo part of the ATPase to inhibit its activity (1-3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2603 AMPKα (23A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2793 AMPKα (F6) Mouse mAb
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 4148 AMPKβ2 Antibody
- 4187 AMPKγ1 Antibody
- 2536 AMPKγ2 Antibody
- 2550 AMPKγ3 Antibody
- 3662 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 12611 DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide), Sterile
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 4184 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485) Antibody
- 4185 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485)/AMPKα2 (Ser491) Antibody
- 4181 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser108) Antibody
- 4186 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser182) Antibody
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.